Upon arriving in Vienna and picking up Alex from the train station we were on our way to see Eva at the Hotel Breitenthal. Austria in an amazing county and the fly fishing is as good as it gets. It was quite amazing. There were rainbow trout, brown trout and grayling everywhere and they were eager to take my flies. Dry fly fishing was great as well as European Nymphing Techniques and at times dry dropper worked very well. This is the first of a series of posts on this wonderful place. On our first night they were gracious enough to hold dinner for us and we drank some wonderful Austrian wine. The people that we met in Austria on the first two days were extremely nice and willing to help. We both felt like they wanted us to be there. It was like a home away from home. To cap off the first two days of fishing I landed a 46 inch long Taimen or Huchen as they call them. I landed it on a Sage ONE 9 foot three weight!
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012