As I was gearing up for another morning of fishing on the West Branch of the Delaware, a rather larger truck pulled up beside me and out comes Bill Welz. He is a member of Trout Predator Online. I would have a hard time keeping up with him. He got geared up quickly. We finally had a chance to pin European Nymphing against strike indicator nymphing on the West Branch. The fishing was so so in the first riffle. I hooked a few that blew me up and I landed a few nice ones. Bill had to leave to see his wife. Too bad because that’s when it got good It was on fire all afternoon. The hatch was later due to the stormy weather, but boy did it happen, blue winged olives and sulphurs everywhere. I landed one well over 20 inches on an olive and took quite a few smaller fish before calling it quits.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012