Mike and I decided last minute on Friday to hit the Salmon River in Pulaski. The drive to upstate New York took slightly over 4 hours. However, once daylight came on Saturday, it proved to be well worth it. The fishing was amazing! I fell in twice into the 37 degree water and kept fly fishing… it was that good. There did come a point after hooking countless fish that I did have to go and dry my clothes. Even after leaving for a little over and hour, the fishing was still nuts. Mike was landing a fish as I was walking up. We ended the day at about 4:30 after landing one more steelhead. We looked at each other and said, “How many more can we get?” We fished egg patterns under a strike indicator with both a swtich and spey rod.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012