When I was in Colorado a few years back I fished the Gore Canyon of the Colorado River. I loved it as there were a lot of fish. However, the river was over 2,000 cfs when I was there last. This time it was low and pretty clear. It was windy as it get but Riley and I made the best of it. We did a little better than made the best of it. We hammered on the fish for about 5 hours. It was pretty constant action from start to finish. It was nice to be able to get to the other side of river this trip. We caught a ton of nice wild brown trout and Riley got the only rainbow trout. We took fish on jigs, rubber legs, frenchies and just about every other fly we put on It was a great play day for me as the “film crew” wasn’t there. We used European Nymphing methods the whole time.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012