I got home from North Carolina at midnight and was back out the next day fishing some local waters and caught a good amount of fish. Some were big and some were smaller than small. It was nice to fish familiar waters with my friend Mike. We even got lucky and met Jake and Tom from Rahway River Trout Unlimited. We caught a mix of wild brown trout and stocked/holdover rainbow trout. I Euro nymphed and fished dry dropper the whole time. The water has really changed with all the high water. There is deep water where it was shallow and where it was deep it is less than a foot. I will say that the spawn must have been awesome this fall due to the higher flows.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012