After fishing the Dream Stream with Landon Meyer, we drove over to Gunnison, Colorado to fish the famous Taylor River in hopes of catch a trophy. While I did catch a lot of nice fish and got to fish in an awesome place, I did not catch the ten pound plus rainbow or brown trout that I was hoping to catch. However, I did catch at least 7 fish over 20 inches and one large spawned out male brown trout. We fished all day using eggs and midge, with Charlie Craven’s Jujubee Midge taking the cake. At night it was mysis shrimp paradise and Sand’s Epoxy Mysis was the ticket. The guys at Gunnison River Outfitters were great. Oscar, the owner is excited as they come when talking about fly fishing. They are a great group. Stop in if you are in the area and give them a shout!
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012