I got off to a late start but went up to the Catskills anyway. It was rough because it was a weekend so finding open water was a bit tough. The West Branch can get crowded, but I managed to find some open water and took a few trout out of it. The fish were reluctant to feed on the surface due to the angler, boat and miscellaneous water craft floating by. Nymphing with a strike indicator was the best choice and I took some nice fish. Nothing huge. I did notice that the sulphurs are waning but the blue winged olives are really picking up. Have a lot of different patterns, both nymph, emerger and dry from an 18-22.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012