I got out to fly fish with Mike and Tom in the recent past and even though the water was high we hit them pretty good. We even caught some really, really big rainbow trout! It was a lot of fun. San Juan worms and eggs baby!! You got to love high muddy water. It makes you use all the “good flies” we were hybrid Euro nymphing with split shot to get the unweighted flies to the bottom. It was a blast and some real giants were caught. Who cares where the fish comes from when it’s 20 plus inches and on the end of you line! We only fished for about three hours combined on both trips.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012