Every once in a while you find that time when luck combined with experience pays off. This was the day…The best part was that it took place in the West Branch! Spots will not be named to protect the innocent, large, wild browns I am sorry to be late with the reports, but I have been on the water nearly every day. This was a week ago and it was epic to say the least. I call it “The Day” when I refer to it when talking to my fishing buddies. It was one day where you could not screw up. I wasn’t even paying attention to my dry fly, I was was watching a real one float downstream, and when I went to cast I had one on! The same for the nymphing. Indicator under, fish jumping, late hookset and the fish still found it’s way into the net. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, this day was a winner for sure. It will be, the day of the big wild brown trout.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012