Tom had never been to the West Branch of the Delaware and there was no better day to take him there then when the winds were blowing 20-40 miles per hour and the air temp was 20 degrees! When we pulled into Hancock, New York I didn’t want to get out of the car to be honest I figured let’s just throw him into the fire He did well landing a nice wild brown trout on his first cast! We caught quite a few fish with a few going over the 20 inch mark. Egg patterns took a few fish and the rest took size 20 midge larvae fished under indicators. We saw quite a few dead fish that look stressed from spawning. It was great now Tom can say, “the West Branch is easy ;)!
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012