Alex and I woke up had our sit down breakfasts and headed to to do some fly fishing and filming. I fished the River Ybbs as well as a tributary which was full of brown trout, rainbow trout and grayling. The fishing was excellent with dry flies and nymphs. The fish were all of nice size and the best part was that we had it all to ourselves. We broke for a nice lunch, which included wine of course. It was paradise, mountains all around a wonderful sandwich which I constructed at the local market with the same ingredients as my favorite lunch in France! It was heavenly. The mountains and prestine area could not be any better of a back drop. It was on this day that I truly fell in love with Austria, even though I los a rainbow of at least ten pounds. It was ok. It was all about the experience.
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012