Since last year was so terrible, we had to go back for a round two at the Deerfield River in Massachusett . I met Don and Chris at the river. The fly fishing was really good at low water and I was doing really well with a dry dropper combination. We floated the river during the release it was BAD, tubes by the hundreds, kayaks like you’ve never seen, litter floating down all over the place. The worst part is that these pigs probably can’t even clean up after themselves. Anyways…the water temp was between 64 and 68 degrees. The fish were all stocked rainbows trout, except for one monster wild brown, it wasn’t 30 inches but for this river, its almost as big as any I’ve heard of. It was nearly 24 inches. The best part was that it took a size 6 PMX dry fly!
- Night Fly Fishing – The Quest for a Brown Trout of a Lifetime July 29, 2015
- It’s not how high you fly June 12, 2015
- LOON Outdoors November 19, 2013
- The Deerfield River Part Two August 13, 2012
- River Ybbs Section 4 Austria Day 3 August 7, 2012